Share this story

FOX NEWS

A Louisiana man is accused of killing his wife and propping

E NEWS

Watch: Karl-Anthony Towns Credits Fiancée Jordyn Woods’ Lucky Bag

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED

Caitlin Clark seemed to savor Angel Reese’s critical missed

John Harbaugh Disagrees With Jaxson Dart’s Criticism of NFL’s Medical Tent Policy After Huge Hit Against Vikings

In the preseason opener vs the Minnesota Vikings, it was deja vu for New York Giants quarterback Jaxson Dart. He continued his tradition of hitting the medical tent from last year after taking a brutal hit. Dart thought it was not necessary. But Harbaugh is of a different opinion.

“I’m not going to be critical of the league, or whoever is doing that upstairs,” the head coach said, via Talkin’ Giants. “They do their job and they want to protect the players. I’m sure there’s history or whatever they might remember. 

“Maybe that comes into play. I don’t know if a similar situation, another quarterback would have been called in the tent or not. There’s no way for us to know that. So just nothing we can worry about.”

Dart completed three of his four pass attempts for 26 yards and a touchdown, and was sacked twice. On his second sack, Vikings safety Jay Ward broke through the New York Giants’ protection and struck Dart in the torso, sending him to the ground. He lay motionless on the ground for a moment before getting back up and was checked by trainers on the sideline.

He was then sent to the blue tent to be evaluated for a concussion. During the post-game presser, Dart’s interview hinted at his slight frustration with this rule.

“As far as the blue tent, I really respect the rules and the thought behind the NFL has of keeping players healthy and reviewing things,” he said. “But at the same time, I’m still puzzled by it just feeling like every time that I get hit, I just find my way in there. Which, at times, I still try to wrap my head around.”

As he headed to the blue tent, he was replaced by Jameis Winston. This marked Dart’s sixth trip to the camp and first after his rookie season. While the quarterback’s frustration was directed at this rule introduced in 2017, Harbaugh addressed the main issue that led to Dart’s confusion. 

“We just keep playing football, and we’ll just try to do a better job of protecting him,” said the head coach. “And there’s no way he should have been hit there.”

Well, Harbaugh might rely on a run-heavy scheme, but he does prioritize pass protection. With that intention, he signed a two-year contract with fullback Patrick Ricard this offseason. In the Giants’ running back room, featuring physical blocker Cam Skattebo and veteran Devin Singletary, at 6-foot-3 and weighing 300-pounds, all eyes are on Ricard.

 

THE BLAZE

DiJonai Carrington may have committed the most educational flagrant

NINTENDO LIFE

Image: Nintendo If Pokémon Pokopia isn’t in my top

NASA NEWS

APOD Science APOD APOD: 2026 August 16 – Milky…